Monday, July 9, 2007

Brown Truck

I was stopped at a streetlight and I noticed a brown truck pull up next to my car. There was a confederate flag sticker in the middle of the cab window. It wasn’t a new truck. On the tailgate, a large white paper sign had been taped. It was fastened by four pieces of large, clear packing tape. The sign was lettered in thick, black marker. It read, “I am gay by choice” and below that was a telephone number. I don’t know if this was a prank or this guy’s idea of an effective way to corral gay dates. If the latter, you would think he could’ve at least have sprung for a professional-looking magnetic sign. He’s certainly not going to be getting any calls with that cheap thing.

2 comments:

Meagzilla said...

He really doesn't want to mess with some of those gays. Because a cardboard sign is not stopping them and it would probably cure him of his "gay by choice" status.

Anonymous said...

Good post.