Monday, June 11, 2007

Funky Country

The dot is moving
Away from me across the sky.
I cursed its following me
But now I’m sad to see it go.

It sounds crazy
But I never even realized
That I was holding my breath waiting
For a voice saying, “On With The Show.”

Play some funky country.
Play some just for me.
You know it doesn’t sell,
That’s plain for all to see.
But still play some funky country
And play it really well.

Another sonic burst
Should slake my unruly thirst.

It’s been a long time since the strings came in.
I got your new album you sound different from then.
I’m not finding fault. I like it. I like it. It’s good.
It just didn’t sound like I expected it would.

Play some true punk rock
Play it for the kids
Don’t play that numbered shit
They can’t slam dance to that
And they’ll want some skulls to crack
Before they end up on the skids.

And become another Dead Kennedys fan
That gets lost to Steely Dan.

No comments: