Wednesday, June 13, 2007

An attempt to repay debts

These are a few artists that I always thought received short shrift. I don't think any of these acts have received their due and deserve fame and fortune beyond your wildest dreams. I can honestly say I've never heard a bad song by any of these four. Their albums have given me countless hours of pleasure and this is my all-too ineffectual attempt to say thanks.

Centro-matic

Will Johnson is one of those rare, prolific songwriters. The type whose songcraft quality doesn't diminsh due to the volume of his output. He doesn't put out as much as Pollard, but he has two solo records and there are three South San Gabriel records in addition to all the marvelous Centro-matic records. Get them all.

  • www.centro-matic.com


    Tommy Keene

    Tommy Keene is a Pop Zeus. A number of his albums are out of print and that is a crime. Geffen Records, I'm looking at you especially.

  • www.tommykeene.com


    Buffalo Tom

    Buffalo Tom are arguably the best live band ever. They have a new album, for which their fans have been eagerly waiting nine years, coming out July 10th.

  • www.buffalotom.com


    Chris Knight

    Chris Knight is a country artist, real country. His songs should be played everywhere coast to coast.

  • www.chrisknight.net

  • No comments: