Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Best Show You Never Saw

The Best Show You Never Saw ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ This is a non-fiction story I wrote a number of years ago about seeing the band Buffalo Tom at a little club in my hometown of Charleston, SC. I was knocked out by them because of the simple fact that even though almost the whole crowd left after the opening band played, they put on a show like the place was filled for basically my two friends, myself and one other guy. As I said, I wrote this a long time ago and it is an excerpt from my collection, Bricks and Mortar. So though I cringe at the clunky language, I make no apologies for the snotty tone. I meant it then to be a lambasting of those who were foolish enough to walk out and miss the best show I had ever seen, and that is still how I feel about it today. I hope you like this, and I hope it makes you think of the best show of your life.

No comments: